My daughter’s favorite chocolate pound cake 🙂
Chocolate pound cake
- 3 ozs dark chocolate chips, chopped (you can use chopper to ground the chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 sticks of good quality butter, softened in room temperature.
- 1/2 cup sugar (increase according to your preference, up to 1 cup) I prefer less sweet
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- Combine dark chocolate chips, cocoa and boiling water. Stir until the chocolate is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Sieve together the cake flour and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract on medium high speed for 3 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and beat till fluffy.
- Add 1 egg at one time, beating after each addition until well combined.
- Reduce to low speed, and add flour mixture at 3 intervals while scraping down the side of mixing bowl.
- Pour batter in prepared pan (oiled and floured pan), and gently tap the pan to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in 325F oven at second bottom rack, for 60 to 70 minutes. Test the cake with wooden stick. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from oven, and set aside to cool.