Oreo and Cranberries Bread Pudding
Craving for warm dessert? Make this quick dessert with leftover bread, milk and cheese!
- 3 slices of white bread, cut into 1 inches squares.
- 45g cream cheese
- 1 handful of shredded cheese (Mozzarella) or 1 piece of cheese slice
- 200ml milk
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 20g butter
- 4 pieces of Oreo cookies, broken into pieces (you can add your favorite cookies)
- some cranberries
- Icing sugar/Powdered sugar for dusting
(1) Arrange cut breads into baking dish of your choice.
(2) Add cream cheese, cheese, milk and sugar in a saucepan, and cook over low heat till melted. Remove from heat, and whisk in butter and beaten egg. Lightly whisk well.
(3) Pour milk mixture over the breads, and soak for 10 minutes.
(4) Sprinkle oreo biscuits pieces and cranberries on top of bread mixture.
(5) Bake in preheated oven (350F) for 25 minutes or golden brown. Remove and serve hot.
Milk and Raisin Steamed buns
- 2 tbsp water
- 5g Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 50g sugar
Combine the above ingredients in a bowl and rest for 5 minutes.
- 500g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250g milk (room temperature)
- 30g vegetable oil
- 100g dried raisins
- Place flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center. Pour in the yeast mixture (except vegetable oil and raisins), and mix well with hand. Slowly add in the milk by tablespoon (do not pour everything at once) and use your fingers to form a ragged, soft mass. Add in the vegetable oil and knead into a dough. Transfer to a work surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Using your palm, knead for 8 minutes or till the dough is no longer sticky, smooth, soft and a bit elastic. When pressed with a finger, the dough should spring back with a faint indentation remaining.
- Smear a little oil in a clean bowl and put the dough in it. Cover with kitchen towel or plastic wrap and put it in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes or nearly doubled.
- Use a knife, divide the dough into 4 equal parts. With a rolling pin, lightly roll out each dough into thin oval. Sprinkle some raisins on top, roll from the bottom to up and shape into oval shape.
- Place individual buns onto parchment paper, put into a steamer, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Loosely cover the buns with kitchen towel, rest for 45 minutes or rise for another 50%.
- Meanwhile, fill the steamer with water and boil over high heat. Lower the heat until you are ready to steam.
- Steam the buns for 15 minutes over high heat. Remove and serve hot. Uneaten buns can be wrap in a plastic wrap, and store in a freezer, It can be kept up to one month. For warm buns, thaw and resteam or cover the buns with damp paper towel and microwave high for 1 minute.