Singapore BBQ Chicken wings
- 10 whole chicken wings
- metal skewers or wood skewers
- 1 – 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- white pepper
- Clean chicken wings thoroughly and pat dry with towels.
- Combine marinate ingredients together, and mix well with chicken wings.
- Leave to marinate overnight.
- Before grilling, remove chicken wings from refrigerator few hours ahead.
- If using BBQ grill, heat the grill till very hot. If using oven, adjust temperature to 430 F.
- Using metal skewers, carefully pierce through the chicken wings. For wooden skewers, soak them in water for 1 hour beforehand.
- Place about 1/2 cup of honey in a separate bowl.
- While chicken wings are grilling, brush them few times with honey.
- For BBQ grill, grill till chicken wings are almost cooked. Cover the BBQ grill and turn off the heat. Let the wings sit in the grill for 10 minutes.
- For grilling in oven, grill till chicken wings are almost cooked. Turn off the heat, and let the wings sit in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the wings turned golden brown, remove and enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauce.
- In Singapore, we usually squeeze lime over chicken wings and dip them in spicy chilli sauce.