- 1 cup minced pork (marinate with 1 tsp cornstarch, 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp white pepper)
- 1 block firm beancurd, cut into 2 inches cubes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 stalks of green onion, minced (separate white and green part)
- 1 tbsp minced red chillies
- 1 tsp szechuan spice powder
- 1 tbsp red hot chillies oil
- 1 tbsp hot bean paste
- 1 tsp szechuan peppercorn (stir fry 1 tsp peppercorn in oil, and remove. Crushed into fine powder)
- Sauce ingredients: 1 cup chicken stock, 2 tsp black vinegar, 1 tbsp rice wine, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp white pepper, 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cornstarch mixture, mix 1/2 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp water
- Marinate minced pork and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Add minced pork, and stir fry till browned. Keep breaking the pork into small pieces with spatula.
- Push pork aside, and add minced garlic, ginger and white part of green onion. Stir fry till fragrant.
- Combine the pork together, and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add hot bean paste and szechuan spice powder. Stir fry to combine.
- Add all sauce ingredients and bring it to a boil.
- Add tofu and red hot chillies oil. Stir fry gently till it is boiling.
- Drizzle with cornstarch mixture, and stir till mixture thickened.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppercorn and green part of green onion.
- Serve hot and enjoy!